9.06.2008

Human Anatomy

Have you ever wondered why our nose is right above our mouth? I mean, it seems to me that the most practical place for it to be would be on the back of our head. Think of all the benefits it could have:

-You could lay directly face down or up on a pillow, and still be able to breathe.
-If you sneezed it wouldn't go into your mouth.
-If someone tried to suffocate you, it would take two hands.
-Talking with someone who has bad breathe would have no effect on you.

That's pretty much all I came up with for now. But I think you may already understand the true benefits it may offer.
Perhaps someday evolution will see this comes true.


August 29th - September 2nd
----------------------------------------

My parents decided to come visit, thus marking the first time any family has visited me since I've moved out to L.A. three years ago.
I'm pretty sure that sounds really sad. Because I'm pretty sure it is.

Amongst the planned activities were: hiking in the hills of Malibu and Hollywood, visiting Venice Beach for breakfast, shopping in the downtown Fashion District, pool-side BBQing, an inaugural trip to Ikea, horse-back riding, a two-day trip to Joshua Tree, eating authentic Mexican food, and seeing Wall-E and Dark Knight at Universal Studios.

Unfortunately, due to all the excitement, my camera was hardly used to mark this event. In fact, the only thing that was photographed was a lovely horse-ride amongst the hills of Griffith Park (right across the street from me).
I know! Somehow we even neglected to take pictures of our amazing trip to Joshua Tree.

I use the phrase "amazing" very loosely.


Without further a-do! I present to you: A Horse Ride.


After being assigned our novice-level (i.e. obese) horses, our Mexican cowboy amigo (i.e. friend) helped us saddle up for what was sure to be a riveting experience.


Our ride began by crossing the treacherous river of Los Angeles (as seen in Terminator 2).


And then slowly winding up the hills of Griffith Park.

You know the Hollywood sign? Basically on the other side of that.


The excitement was hard to bear.


By high noon we were finally reaching the top of the hills.


The view was stunning, to say the least.


It's not often you get to view one of the world's largest cities on horse-back.

And that...is it.

1 Comments:

At 1/08/2009 9:28 PM, Blogger Valerie Marie said...

I have Joshua Tree photos love. I'll bring them on a jump drive later. <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home