5.24.2005

Paintball guns, Dirt bikes, Skateboards, and I forget what the other thing was...(edit: it was karate!)

(all of the things in the title are things OP and I need/want to do)

Hey folks. I knew this was going to happen, it was just a matter of time. I started reading everyones internet journal things and got all sappy and thought about the past. Then I sifted through my old websites/journals I made back in college.

I miss college. I miss moving to something new (hence wanting to move to California?). I miss the excitement...which seemed to make me a more energetic person. It seems that once I become complacent with my settings I tend to lost my..."spunk".

I definately miss being new to other people. It's a lot easier to talk and joke with people that are new. They always listen better, and laugh more since they don't know your same old jokes.

I miss my spikey hair. Black finger nails. Chains and baggy pants. I know I can bring it all back in a heartbeat, but what's it worth. In college it helped me meet the people that didn't care...now it's just a hassel to change out of my work clothes.

I wish I had more friends around...I miss just hanging out with people. Playing random video games in Steve's dorm room, then Erik showing up and us wandering around taking pictures and breaking things. I wish my friends were as consistant as they used to be. Now it's a rare occasion to spend time with friends...

Brenna, Carrie, Ron and I went to Carraba's the other night for dinner. Brenna and I planned on going solo but then stopped by Flint during our 50 minute wait for a table to visit Ron and Carrie. Surprisingly they came with us...it was fun to just sit and talk with them. I miss just sitting around and talking with people. It seems that the only solid way to do that with friends is to hang out with them a lot. If it's only on occasion then you try to find things to do, and talking can get strained. Yet if you hang out all the time conversation seems to just roll, and inside jokes are abound.

Maybe when Brenna and I move to our new apartment we can convince people to hang out there more. It'd be cool if we could get people to think of it as a place to go when they were just bored. I speaking for myself on this one, but when I get bored I tend to turn towards the internet and video games. Is it hypocritical to think people should do different just to come entertain me?

It's weird...I secretly hope all my friends in Buffalo read this and somehow everyone just follows it. There's no reason that now that college is over and we all live in seperate homes that we should only hang out for bowling or poker nights. What ever happened to downloading some random-ass pirated movie and cramming a jillion people into a tiny living room to watch it.

Brenna mentioned she was kinda happy to stay in Buffalo on her site. I think I agree with her. I mean...I do want to leave this unforsaken hell-hole soon...but just when winter hits ;) I guess the stockholme syndrome spreads easily...

Honestly though, if all goes as planned Ron and Carrie would be living above us. Eli might stay around (we always have good times in the summer). Steve, Tristan, Zach, Brandon, and Chris would be close-by in Fredonia. Franco would be around occasionally. Troma would be shooting "Poultrygeist: Attack of the Zombie Chickens" (which I sent my resume to in hopes to help out, for free of course). Then at the end of summer Kate and Marnie would be in back in Buffalo...and a new season of Lost, and Family Guy would be comming up soon.

It's weird...I felt like I had more to say...but I'm drawing a blank now. I guess that works out though because I have to go call my dad. He just got the shaft again with his job...the same shaft he got in Syracuse and moved to Charlotte to get away from...so now him and my mom are thinking about just calling it quits and going back to Nelson, NY. In the mean time him and quite a few of his co-workers have hired "head hunters"- people that you pay to find a job for you.

A job to find a job for someone else that needs one....sounds like some crazy palindrome.

Anyways, considering the fact that we still plan on moving to Cali., it would be nice to have a head hunter working for me.

And someone to help me find a job.

Get it? It was a joke...

Oh shit! I just remembered what I was thinking of that I couldn't remember!

Last night I was grabbing Apocalyptica (4 guys on cello's that cover Metallica songs...it's amazing stuff) mp3's off my old mp3 cd's and I found a whole slew of singles I downloaded with Napster in the later 90's. I was playing them all for Brenna...and it was crazy. Oh my god...if you want to come over and rock out with me feel free. We will rock hard.

It was funny because most of them were songs Eli and I would rock out to in my first car ever...THE BUICK! (Buick Century T-Type) to songs like...Stroke 9's "Little Black Backpack" and Gauno Apes "Lords of the Boards."

Then that made me think of Reel Big Fish at Kevin's and Bloodhound Gang in Eli's shed...oh man I'm gonna stop. This is making me feel way to sappy right now...here's a list of the songs I found last night, I suggest getting them and ROCKING OUT HARD.
-----------------------------
Derek's 90's MP3's
a.k.a. 100.9 fm- modern rock, KROCK's playlist...(seriously, this was probably their whole play list for a couple years)

8 Stops 7- Question Everything.mp3
30 Seconds 2 Mars- Buddha for Mary.mp3
3 Doors Down- Kryptonite.mp3
Apartment- Backwards.mp3
Bare Jr.- You Blew Me Off.mp3
Black Rob- Like Whoa.mp3
Bouncing Souls- Ole!.mp3
Boy Hits Car- I'm A Cloud.mp3
Brian Setzer- Jump Jive and Wail.mp3
BuckCherry- Movies.mp3
Bowling For Soup- The Bitch Song.mp3
Cherry Poppin Daddies- Zoot Suit Riot.mp3
Custom- Hey Mr I Like Your Daughter.mp3
Dave Mathew's Band- Crash Into Me.mp3
Diffuser- Karma.mp3
Disturbed- Down With The Sickness.mp3
Eve 6- Inside Out.mp3
Flying Blind- Smokescreen.mp3
From Zero- Check Ya.mp3
Fuel- Innocent.mp3
Good Charlotte- The Little Things.mp3
Grade- The Inneficiency Of Emotion.mp3
Groove Armada- I See You Baby.mp3
Guano Apes- Lords Of The Boards.mp3
Harvey Danger- Flagpole Sitter.mp3
Hed- Bartender.mp3
Kid Rock- American Bad Ass.mp3
Lifehouse- Hanging By A Moment.mp3
Limp Bizkit- Rollin.mp3
Ludicris- Youz A Hoe.mp3
Marvelous 3- Get Over.mp3
Matthew Good Band- Hello Time Bomb.mp3
Moby Feat. Gwen Stefani- Southside.mp3
Monster Magnet- Space Lord.mp3
Nada Surf- Popular.mp3
Nine Days- Absolutely (Story Of A Girl).mp3
Nothingface- Bleeder.mp3
Old Dirty Bastard- Baby I Got Your Money.mp3
Papa Roach- Infest.mp3
POD- School Of Hard Knocks.mp3
Rehab- It Dont Matter.mp3
Ridel High- Winona Ryder.mp3
Saliva- Your Disease.mp3
Rob Zombie- Living Dead Girl.mp3
SR 71- Right Now.mp3
Stone Temple Pilots- Sour Girl .mp3
Stroke 9- Little Black Backpack.mp3
Sum 41- Fat Lip.mp3
The Hippos- Wasting My Life.mp3
The KGB- Demo Space Cadet.mp3
The Toadies- Possum Kingdom.mp3
The Urge- Too Much Stereo.mp3
Xzibit- X.mp3
Zebrahead- Playmate Of The Year.mp3

5 Comments:

At 5/24/2005 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...well, I'm pretty pissed 'cause I just wrote a comment, "previewed" it, and got screwed over 'cause there was an error and it erased everything I had written, and I couldn't get it back. But whatever. ...what I said was...

...wow, man. Just yesterday I downloaded a bunch of stuff from high school- "Possum Kingdom" like you mentioned, some Alice In Chains stuff (solid), NIN's "Hurt" and "The Perfect Drug", "Somebody To Shove", "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by the Crash Test Dummies, Stone Temple Pilots "Vasoline", some Soundgarden, etc. ...the iTune's mixes of "90's Alternative" and "90's One-Hit Wonders" are pretty cool in finding songs that you heard so much of but wouldn't necessarily remember (remember "Cumbersome" by Seven Mary Three? ....neither did I, until I heard a clip of it... it was on K-Rock all the time!)

...and my tapes from high school, ugh. I guard them with my life. I have most of the songs digitally anyway, but I might just record the whole tapes in their entirety, to capture the sound, to capture the mood.... I have an advertisement for The Second Annual Budweiser K-Rockathon... "::clip of Homer Simpson saying, 'You've got all the top bands in here!':: ...Ten bands for ten bucks. Featuring... Better Than Ezra ::clip of 'Good'::, Cake ::clip of "Going The Distance::, Local H ::Bound for the Floor::, Our Lady Peace, Space, Drain...."

...I've also got a short clip of "The K-Rock Mega Rangers" battling "the evil Dino-zords to protect modern rock in Central New York", it's so funny... definitely takes me back to '97, '98.

...anyway... I definitely know how you feel man, about, well mostly everything. I have to work this weekend, which sucks, 'cause a BBQ sounds cool... but anyway.

As I'm watching The Exorcist tonight, I'll be thinking about you. ...remember us laughing at the detective guy? He laughs as he asks for an autograph... "::chuckles::...it's for me!" ...anyway. :-p Talk to you later....

 
At 5/25/2005 4:37 AM, Blogger Cheshire Katz said...

Nada Surf and Harvey Danger receive 2 thumbs up. Sorry to hear you'll be stuck locally for a while but maybe it means we'll get to hang out... (even though I didn't make it into your friends to hang out with list *sniffle*) :p

On another note: How do you like Psychonauts?

 
At 5/25/2005 5:05 AM, Blogger Cheshire Katz said...

Additionally I'll add my own list of random 90s songs I have tucked away in a folder in the back of my computer.

Arrested Development - Mr. Wendell.mp3
Butthole Surfers - Pepper
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's.mp3
Del Amitri - Roll To Me.MP3
Elastica - Connection.MP3
Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy.mp3
Harvey Danger - Save It For Later.mp3
Len - Steal My Sunshine.mp3
Lionrock - Fire Up the Shoesaw.mp3
New Radicals - You Get What You Give.mp3
Paula Cole - Where Have All the Cowboys Gone.mp3
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me.mp3
Sponge - Plowed
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng.mp3
Toad the Wet Sprocket - Fall Down.mp3
Veruca Salt - Seether.mp3

 
At 5/25/2005 10:21 PM, Blogger Kate said...

haha limp bizkit! i memorized that whole cd in 8th grade and would dance in front of my mirror with my green lava lamp and black light on. i will never give up my memories of that, even if the band is considered shitty.

 
At 5/26/2005 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get a skateboard!!!!

please? i'll go with you i have to get bearings and maybe trucks...maybe all new hardware if i'm feeling big spendery.

dirt bikes->too expensive
paintball guns-> sure, after we move lets fill up and go at it.

karate->maybe too expensive

skateboards are cheap and we can go whenever we want. even better than paintball because we can just board around the city alone (there isnt a 2 person minimum like p-ball)

woo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home